Sunday 29 November 2015

Every where I look at the moment all I see is people getting excited and decorating for Christmas.

As a child I loved Christmas, we never had much money but my mum always used to make it a special, magical time. I will always remember the excitement I felt when my mum bought out the snowman treat jar  (cotton wool covered glass jar). There were never expensive items in it but to us it felt like treasure. 

Christmas was all about getting together with family members that you probably hadn't see since last Christmas, catching up on gossip, playing cards and watching my aunty getting very drunk.

Now, although I still enjoy Christmas, especially seeing the excitement on my granddaughters faces, Christmas has taken on a different emotion.


I'm glad that we have the granddaughters to allow us to still enjoy the festive spirit and get involved with the madness that is Christmas shopping.

Now Christmas also has the constant reminder of the journey we began on December 29th 2012. 
This year would have been Charlies 3rd Christmas, and i'm sure he would have been causing chaos with presents and wrapping paper.

Each year I have bought a different bauble to hang on our Christmas tree for Charlie. Today I purchased this years bauble. This year our tree will have a large wooden white 'C' especially for Charlie.

If you know someone who is struggling over the Christmas period please spend a little time with them. Most bereaved families just want their lost loved ones to be remembered and talked about so don't feel scared of starting that conversation.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Charlies-Angel-Centre.org.uk