Wednesday 20 August 2014

support

When we started to set up our charity I don't think any of us had any idea what it would truly involve.
We have all learned as we go along and are still finding things out on at least a weekly basis. 
Initially I think we all thought it would just be about shaking tins and raising money, little did we know how wrong this was (lol). We had to look into the legal side of setting up a charity and then that leads you onto the financial side along with tax and having to have a governing body and rules and regulations. 
Amazingly, I think, we have managed to deal with all these things and are so close to having raised enough money to become a registered charity.  
To think we are just a regular family that has never had any experience in setting up a charity or a business I think we have done an amazing job. 
Along our way we have met up with some truly fantastic people. These people have helped us not only with raising money but have helped us with issues regarding setting up a charity. It isn't until you do something like this that you realise how many good people there are out there. 
We all tend to live quite blinkered rushed lives that revolve around us working, looking after families and ourselves. When something like the loss of a child happens it puts life and the world into perspective. You stop stressing so much about the little things that used to freak you out. 
I know I have been left speechless by the generosity of people. When we were organising our first major fundraising event last year, my car was to be used as the support vehicle, and only a few weeks before the event it failed its MOT. I was devastated, I knew I couldn't afford to have the work done and I didn't know what we were going to do. We all tried approaching companies to see if they could help us. Then we found our saviour. A local car dealer/garage came to our rescue. They agreed to carry out the work free of charge. I remember when I was told this news I actually cried. To think that someone we didn't know was prepared to do this for us was overwhelming. It truly restored my faith in humanity. We have come across so many hurdles during our short time as a charity and to find someone so kind was inspiring. 
This is just one example of the kindness and generosity of people  we have met along our way and we continue to meet some great people who are willing to go out of their way to help us. 

It makes me realise even more that Charlie was here for a reason and his legacy will continue on and on. He may have only been with us for 19 minutes but his life has and will effect so many families now and in the future.

Charlie Arthur Curtis a truly inspirational little boy. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Charlies-Angel-Centre.org.uk