Friday 8 August 2014

Dear Charlie,

Nanna Curtis here, just wanted to write you a letter to let you know I am thinking of you. I think of you everyday but some days are harder than others.
I often sit here and wonder what you would be doing and what you would look like.
I hope that where ever you are they are treating you well and you are happy. I wish there was a window we could see you through to make sure that you are ok.
I miss being able to see you each day and watch you develop into a young boy. I miss being able to go and buy you little outfits and toys and I often find myself looking at them in shops.
It is currently the summer holidays and I wish I was sitting here planning with your mummy a day trip to the seaside with you both. To be able to watch you playing on the beach and having a little paddle would be so lovely. To be able to take you into the arcades and play on the 2p machines and try and win you a teddy in the grabber machines. I'm still going to go to the seaside with your mummy and we will build a sandcastle for you little man.
Last week me and grandad did a sponsored walk in your memory. There were times when it got very difficult and painful for grandad but each time he felt like stopping he kept thinking of you and it pushed him on to complete it.
It made us feel very proud to tell the people we met on the route about you, and to have the banner on the back of the motor home with your beautiful face on  for everyone to see.
Will write to you again soon
Love and miss you so much little man
Nanna xxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Charlies-Angel-Centre.org.uk