Friday 13 June 2014

A man's world

Hi my name Clive Key
I am one of Charlie's grandads and this is my story.
I supported carrie all the way threw her pregnancy with Charlie going to all the scans and appointments with her, We found out at carrie's 1st scan that things with Charlies wasn't looking good, which in itself was heart breaking and i was so proud of how carrie took this and the bravery she shown throughout the pregnancy with Charlie with every scan that followed she was asked if she wants to terminate but with such a strong heartbeat it wasn't a option Charlie was a fighter and carrie let him fight which was a amazing choice from a young lady.
I'm not a religious man but i prayed for Charlie, boy did i pray for a miracle, but it wasn't to be on the 29th of december 2012 Charlie graced us with his presence and still fought for his life after 19 minutes he passed away, the whole family was heartbroken, but as a man of old school i tried not to show my emotions as i felt it was my job to be brave, be the strong one for carrie, sam my wife (carrie's mum) and for her brother shane, nathan, bradley, i gave them all a hug then removed myself for a moment to shed a tear, then to compose myself and return to them, i was so proud of carrie and the boys and the way they conducted themselves with such a tragedy.
Charlie changed me in a way i can't describe, he changed everyone and will continue to change the way things happen in the future so other people that go through this horror will have the support that they need when they need it.
Thanks for reading i am a man of few words and still continue to be proud to be known as Charlie's grandad clive

1 comment:

Charlies-Angel-Centre.org.uk